FETAL ECHO SINGLE
A fetal echo for Single is a specialized ultrasound examination that focuses on assessing the heart structures and function of both fetuses in a twin pregnancy.
Duration : 45 min to 1 hr
Pre-test preparation for a fetal echo for twins typically involves the following steps:
- Hydration: It is important to drink plenty of water before the test to ensure that your bladder is adequately filled. A full bladder can help improve the visibility of the fetus during the ultrasound.
- Medications: Continue taking any prescribed medications as directed by your healthcare provider unless specifically advised otherwise. Inform your healthcare provider about any medications you are currently taking.
- Fasting: In most cases, there is no requirement for fasting before a fetal echo for twins.
- Previous Reports: If you have any previous ultrasound or medical reports related to the twin pregnancy, bring them along to provide a comprehensive medical history to the sonographer or healthcare provider.
- Accompanying Person: It may be helpful to have a support person accompany you to the examination for emotional support and to assist with any other needs during the procedure.